About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a very supportive hard working husband who puts up with my fabric addiction and a mother of one energetic and silly little boy who constantly asks "Momma, what are you making?" and who absolutely DREADS going to JoAnn's (luckily Momma lets him play games on her phone). My boys are however very sweet to compliment my work and take an interest in it. I have an absolute obsession with SEWING and creating things! I often wonder if I'll ever have enough time to complete ALL of the projects that are stirring around in my head??...Doubtful, but...Here are a few of my latest creations...enjoy!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

ZiG zAg!!!

Alright so I finally decided it was WAY overdue for me to make a quilt for, non other than
MYSELF!!!

I searched around for a cute/fun pattern and came across this one
At one point I considered doing it out of Denim
(oh my freak! can you say CUTE?)
...

But since I'm a SuCkEr for MINKY
(dang it, I HATE sewing with Minky)
I thought Minky would give it a nice dimensional look and I figured I was up for a good challenge...

This quilt was SO time consuming
It was like sewing the front of the quilt TWICE

The way the pattern works is you
... 
cut long strips of fabric
sew the strips together
cut the strips into squares
sew the squares into strips
sew the strips of squares together

So....
this quilt is Cotton Fabric and Minky Fabric Zig Zag on the front
with a super soft Corduroy on the back
(all fabric purchased at JoAnns)

All in all this quilt took me a total of about 10 hours to complete
(sewing professionals please ignore this time frame)

And because I hadn't spent that much time on it
(please insert hysterical laughter)
I decided to try for the VERY first time a SCRAPPY BINDING

SO CUTE and SO WORTH IT!!!!
I do have to say though...
this is my FaVoRiTe QUILT!
not to mention, I have to fight my hubby and my son for it!
(we ALL love this quilt)

LOVE it
....now if only I could get the quilt for our bed done...-sigh-...someday I suppose




No comments:

Post a Comment