About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a very supportive hard working husband who puts up with my fabric addiction and a mother of one energetic and silly little boy who constantly asks "Momma, what are you making?" and who absolutely DREADS going to JoAnn's (luckily Momma lets him play games on her phone). My boys are however very sweet to compliment my work and take an interest in it. I have an absolute obsession with SEWING and creating things! I often wonder if I'll ever have enough time to complete ALL of the projects that are stirring around in my head??...Doubtful, but...Here are a few of my latest creations...enjoy!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

No Pattern Skirt!

So I’ve had this navy blue skirt now for quite a few years a LOVE it.
It’s made out of knit fabric and is SO comfy.

I decided I wanted another one so I checked out the fabric stores for some knit and found this ADORABLE fabric and Porter’s (of course!)

I was feeling ultra brave/creative so I didn’t even attempt to find a skirt pattern.
I simply took my precious blue skirt, 
laid it on the polka dot fabric,
performed some pinning,
some cutting
and some sewing
and VOILE!

The skirt is complete!

No finish on the bottom as I’ve found with my blue skirt, that knit doesn’t really fray.

The waist is a simple fold over waist
(which I should have probably made smaller/tighter, after a day of wearing it it basically falls off from being stretched out all day, maybe someday I’ll put elastic in it…maybe)

Such a cute, fun summery print.
LOVE this skirt and I have received TONS of compliments on it.
My only complaint is that it tries to shrink up on me every time I wash it L




No comments:

Post a Comment