About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a very supportive hard working husband who puts up with my fabric addiction and a mother of one energetic and silly little boy who constantly asks "Momma, what are you making?" and who absolutely DREADS going to JoAnn's (luckily Momma lets him play games on her phone). My boys are however very sweet to compliment my work and take an interest in it. I have an absolute obsession with SEWING and creating things! I often wonder if I'll ever have enough time to complete ALL of the projects that are stirring around in my head??...Doubtful, but...Here are a few of my latest creations...enjoy!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ahoy There Matey Shane! Find Ye Hidden Treasure at PreSchool!

My sweet cousin Janae has been nagging J me to make her a scripture bag.
I pulled this pattern from my AmAzInG ‘One Yard Wonder’ book
(another GREAT project!)

This bag is however, obviously, not for Janae
(sorry nae… L yours is coming VeRy soon though)

I knew I wanted to make a ‘test’ one first so I could figure out any ‘nitches’ in the instructions (seriously, sometimes I wonder WHO writes these patterns??
They can be so confusing or have added unnecessary steps)

So, to try out the pattern, I of course, HAD to buy CuTe material and make a bag for
hmmm
SHANE
 (of course!)

Found this cute material The Ribbon Retreat (check em out here)

This bag was pretty simple and I had to add the ‘s’ on there, Shane is
SUPER obsessed
with his stuff being labeled with his name, and he is equally obsessed with
RED J

When I showed this to Shane he fell in love with it instantly
then retreated by saying
"MOM! polka dots are for GIRLS!"
he INSISTED I changed the strap and the ‘s’ to the skull pirate material

…as much as I love you son, the product is done
(and adorable I might add)
and I will not be changing it J

He accepted my gracious decline to alter the bag and is excited to take it to Preschool
…mom however is a little reluctant to let this adorable bag out of my sight!



No comments:

Post a Comment