About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a very supportive hard working husband who puts up with my fabric addiction and a mother of one energetic and silly little boy who constantly asks "Momma, what are you making?" and who absolutely DREADS going to JoAnn's (luckily Momma lets him play games on her phone). My boys are however very sweet to compliment my work and take an interest in it. I have an absolute obsession with SEWING and creating things! I often wonder if I'll ever have enough time to complete ALL of the projects that are stirring around in my head??...Doubtful, but...Here are a few of my latest creations...enjoy!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Tractor Pillows

So once I decided to re-decorate Shane's room into a John Deere Tractor themed room I QUICKLY learned that John Deere products DO NOT come cheap!

I wanted Shane's bedding to match his room but was totally unwilling to pay the price.
So...what better way to get what I want than to SEW it myself?!

I guess you could call me lazy for not making the bedspread too but let me just say...
Shane sleeps in a queen size bed and I've been working on a queen size quilt for Cory & I's bed since BEFORE we got married so...I'm not about to take on ANOTHER bedspread...at least for now!

I found the green bedspread at Wal-Mart (YAY!) and found the fabric for the pillows at JoAnn's (of course!) I also added some yellow JuMbO Ric Rac just to spice things up a bit

They turned out SO cute and Shane loves them so much he won't even share his pillows with John Deere Tractor loving daddy Cory! :-)

(these are just 2 of the 3 pillows I made, there is another standart pillowcase I made as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment