About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a very supportive hard working husband who puts up with my fabric addiction and a mother of one energetic and silly little boy who constantly asks "Momma, what are you making?" and who absolutely DREADS going to JoAnn's (luckily Momma lets him play games on her phone). My boys are however very sweet to compliment my work and take an interest in it. I have an absolute obsession with SEWING and creating things! I often wonder if I'll ever have enough time to complete ALL of the projects that are stirring around in my head??...Doubtful, but...Here are a few of my latest creations...enjoy!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Diaper Bag & Accessories

I've always wanted to make my own diaper bag
(who doesn't LOVE being original?!)
and now that I actually have a reason to make one I searched online for a free pattern

I was able to find one
(still can't remember exactly how/where I found it!)

I bought all the fabric
wanting to go with something more neutral I decided on
gray and black

The only SuPeR intimidating part of this pattern was the ZIPPER
dun dun DUN

I almost decided to leave it out all together but after lots of encouragement from others
(you know who you are, thanks again!)

I decided to tackle the ever so SCARY ZIPPER!
And I'm pleased to say it really wasn't that hard!

I decided to add a big bow

(after seeing the previous 2 posts I think I might need to confess a recent BOW OBSESSION!)

The pattern called for LOTS ... I mean LOTS of pockets
which in most cases are good

but you'd be surprised to know that I actually
eliminated TWO of the pockets the original pattern called for
...it just seemed too pocketed!!!
(is that even a real word?!)

Anway, here are some pictures of (adorable) the finished diaper bag...


inside pockets


ZIPPER Pocket!!!!

Of course I had to make MATCHING Diaper Bag Accesssories
so here is the
Wipes Case
and the
Changing Pad
I made to match!



No comments:

Post a Comment