About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a very supportive hard working husband who puts up with my fabric addiction and a mother of one energetic and silly little boy who constantly asks "Momma, what are you making?" and who absolutely DREADS going to JoAnn's (luckily Momma lets him play games on her phone). My boys are however very sweet to compliment my work and take an interest in it. I have an absolute obsession with SEWING and creating things! I often wonder if I'll ever have enough time to complete ALL of the projects that are stirring around in my head??...Doubtful, but...Here are a few of my latest creations...enjoy!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Car Seat

This project was something I always VOWED I would do next time I had a baby

Who would have thought that when the time actually came that it would be
INSANELY difficult
to pick out the FABRIC?!

It literally took me WEEKS (and I'm not exaggerating people)
to decide on the colors and order the fabric,
I got it on fabric.com

And even after ordering it I ended up changing my original color scheme layout and went with something a little more neutral
and I'm glad that I did

I do however have one slight confession to make...
I DID NOT make the GRAY part of this carseat
I ordered it online
...
Call me crazy, whimpy, or whatever but for some reason the bottom part of the carseat REALLY intimidated me
and I may decide someday to still tackle it
(after all I still have PLENTY of fabric to do so)

I made the CANOPY and the little STRAP Covers
And it was EASY!
(again, more reason why I'm considering, I said considering, re-doing the bottom part myself)






No comments:

Post a Comment